About On-Campus Employment?
- Employment on-campus is at one of several GRCC locations or with a select community organization.
- Available to current students enrolled in at least six credits in both the fall and winter semesters, and three credits for summer semester.
- Starting in the Winter Semester 2019, pay rates will be increasing to $10.00/hr (Lifeguards $10.50)!
- Did you know that GRCC Students who are employed by the college as student workers are not required to pay FICA taxes? This equates to more than $0.70 extra per hour in take home pay than an off-campus position! So, making $10.00 at GRCC is like making $10.70 elsewhere!
- Some positions may require a Work-Study Award. To learn more, please go to "Work-Study vs Non Work-Study" on our menu links.
Why do students choose to work on-campus?
- Students choose on-campus employment because of its convenience and the opportunity to work closely with faculty, staff, and other students.
- GRCC Student Employees develop work skills and gain valuable experience while earning money to pay for their expenses. Research shows that working on campus can lead to improved academic performance.
- Students learn time management skills, become more familiar with college services and resources, and make real connections with other GRCC employees.
- On-campus employment will expose you to a professional and supportive academic work environment.
- You'll learn and develop valuable work employment skills and leadership qualities that will benefit you in your career path.