Regardless of the type of complaints or grievance you would like to file, there is a place on campus for your concern to be heard. The type of concern determines where to start with your complaint, as described below. If you are still unsure about where to go, please fill out the comment form or call our office and we can point you in the right direction.
Academic Standing Concerns
ADA Accommodation Concerns
Ethics (Harassment, Discrimination, etc.) Concerns
Grade Appeal Process
Student Behavior Concerns
Student Service Concerns
- Speak to your faculty member directly, one-on-one.
- If not resolved, contact the Department Head.
- If not resolved, contact the Associate Dean.
Phone numbers and emails for the appropriate contact can be found by academic department, and then by visiting that department's faculty and staff page.
Contact the Coordinator of Disability Support Services, (616) 234-4140 to begin the process.
Contact the Assistant to the General Counsel, Title IX Coordinator and EEO Officer, (616) 234-4176.
Refer to our Student Academic Grievance Procedure.
- Speak with the director/manager of the department or area of concern.
- If not resolved, contact the Dean of Student Affairs Office, Raleigh J. Finkelstein Hall, formerly Main Building 106, (616) 234-3925.
Contact Campus Police at (616) 234-4010.