Grand Rapids Community College’s Medical Assistant program will prepare you to perform administrative and clinical tasks to keep health practitioner offices and clinics running smoothly. The course combines classroom lecture, group activity, simulation learning, and a competency-based externship experience. You will be prepared to take the Registered Medical Assistant national certification exam through American Medical Technologists. The exam fee is included in the tuition. Come to an information session to learn more about the program. You must be 18 years or older to enter this program.
You will learn
- Billing and Coding
- Telephone Triage Skills
- Obtaining Vital Signs and Administering Injections
- Electrocardiography and CLIA Waived Testing
Our program articulates for transfer to Davenport University for the following programs/credits:
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing - Pre-Licensure 39 credits
- BS Health Services Administration 30 credits
- BS Medical Case Management 30 credits
- ABA Business Administration BS Health Services Administration 30 credits
- AAS Medical Assisting 30 credits
Program Cost 2019/2020: $7,998
- Criminal Background Check fee
- Computer Competency Assessment
- RMA National Certification Exam fee
- American Heart Association BLS CPR and Heartsaver First Aid
- Course Course textbooks
- Learning lab resources
- Facilities Maintenance Fee
Tuition does not include:
- Required Immunizations that the participant may need to complete
- WorkKeys NCRC assessment fee
- Time piece (watch or fob) with a second hand
We are pleased to be able to offer the Spectrum Health Care Professionals Education Scholarship to eligible students in the Medical Assisting program. Several scholarships will be made available, and each student could be awarded up to $3,000. For more information and directions on how to apply, attend a Healthcare Information session or contact our office (616) 234-3800.
Introduction to Medical Assistant July 31 & August 1, 2019
Classroom Learning Phase I (Monday-Thursday) August 6 - December 19, 2019
GRCC Closed Monday, September 2, 2019 (class will meet Friday, September 6, 2019)
Break October 14-17, 2019
Practicum January 6 - February 7, 2020
Program Completion (3:30-6:00 pm) and Graduation Ceremony (6pm) February 11, 2020
Two available section times: 8:00am – 4:30pm or 12:30pm – 9:00pm and classes are held Monday – Thursday. Sections fill on a first come first serve basis and will be held to strict tuition due date deadlines.
The 772 hour program is designed to take 22 weeks to complete.