2019 GRCC Phishing Campaign
Are YOU prepared to catch the phishing email?
Soon, the GRCC Information Security Team will be releasing a phishing email to all of GRCC Staff. IT Security plans to REWARD the department with the lowest number of click-rates based on the results of the phishing email.
Tips to Identify Phishing Emails
- Be cautious of the urgency within an email
- Hover over links in emails before clicking them. (The real destination is in the lower left corner of the open window)
- Double check the URL is legitimate before submitting credentials (username, password) to a web-page
- Be sure the email from a friend/colleague is authentic; Remember that their email could have been compromised or spoofed
- If you’re not expecting a document/PDF, DON’T open it. If you know the individual, try contacting them to determine if it’s safe.
What to do if you are a victim of cybercrime?