The Department of Experiential Learning is excited for you to be offering service learning in your courses this semester. Service learning has been and continues to be one of the most rewarding teaching and learning practices. Impacting more than 1,000 students each year, service learning is spread across all disciplines.
Please complete the below form to register all sections that you intend to incorporate service learning. Doing so ensures students will receive the designation on their official transcript and complete the required risk management form.
If you teach multiple sections of the same course and provide the same service learning experience in all sections, you may register more than one section per form.
Refer to a completed example.
Service Learning Best Practices
- Evaluate your experience.
- Invite your community partner(s) into your class to orient your students.
- Recognize your students — we can provide certificates
- Take and share your photo's. Refer to an example.
- Share your best practices around reflection, developing partnerships, gaining student buy-in, etc.
- "Like" us on Facebook.