Before attending an orientation session, ensure you have activated your student technology, and If possible, enrolled in classes.
Step 1: Only degree seeking students who have completed the admissions process will be mailed a welcome letter and an orientation invitation.
Step 2: Please RSVP. Dates are listed on the "Orientation Dates" page.
Step 3: If you have been accepted into the GRCC Honors Program, please go to www.grcc.edu/honorsorientation and register for one of the Honors Orientation sessions.
Before Attending Orientation:
1. Plan ahead. Orientation is 3 hours in length. Plan to attend the entire time.
2. Set up your Online Student Center by going to www.grcc.edu/loginrequest.
3. Enroll in classes beginning October 23rd (as early as 8:00 AM) using your Online Student Center. Access the GRCC College Catalog at catalog.grcc.edu.
Note: CLS 100 is required for most new students starting winter 2014.
You are not required to enroll in CLS 100 if you 1) have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, 2) test into PY 097 via your Accuplacer scores, or 3) transfer to GRCC more than 12 credit hours from another college or university.
If you notice that you have the CLS 100 hold on your account and need to have it removed, please contact the Admissions and Enrollment Center at 616-234-3300.
4. Look up your Blackboard account by going to www.grcc.edu/password.
Technology Questions? Call (616) 234-4357.
If you need help setting up your Online Student Center or your Blackboard account, visit the Admissions and Enrollment Center located on the 1st floor of the Main Building before attending orientation.
*Note: Classes may not appear in Blackboard until the semester begins.
5. Tuition is due: December 10th by midnight.
6. Accuplacer Students: Students placed in 2 or more classes: (EN097, RD097, RD098, MA095) are unable to enroll in classes until their Counseling and Career session, which happens at Orientation, where they can speak with an Academic Advisor. Qualifying students who have been placed in these classes can go through our Fast Track program to have one of these classes waived by completing a three week course.
7. Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.ed.gov.
Required information is to be turned in to the GRCC Financial Aid Office (Located in the first floor of the main building) Questions? Call (616) 234-4030.