GRCC'S Process for Student Refunds
Grand Rapids Community College has partnered with BankMobile to process all student refunds. This includes financial aid refunds, bookstore returns, RaiderCard refunds, overpayments or dropped class refunds.
The Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to all first time students prior to the start date of the semester to the address on file with GRCC. Once you receive your Refund Selection Kit, follow these easy steps:
- Visit RefundSelection.com
- Enter your unique Personal Code
- Select how you'd like to receive your money
- Complete your profile
You have the choice to either have your refunds sent via electronic deposit to your bank account or if you don't have a bank account, to set up the Vibe Account (checking) through BankMobile.
Remember, even if you are not currently expecting a refund from GRCC, we may have a refund for you in the future. Please go online to select your refund preference as soon as you receive your Refund Selection Kit with your personal code. You only need to activate your account once for all refunds from GRCC.
Simply put, your refund preference is designed to provide you with increased choices and security when it comes to receiving your financial aid or school refunds.
- If you’re not sure that GRCC has your current mailing address, please take a moment to log into your Online Center to update your address information today. (NOTE: Do not update your address using the General Information menu if you are a GRCC staff employee or a student worker. Student Workers should request this change from the Student Employment Office. GRCC Staff must contact Human Resources.) Your Refund Selection Kit will be mailed to your current address on file with GRCC. Therefore, it is critical that you verify your mailing address as soon as possible. (Log in to the Online Center)
- When your Refund Selection Kit arrives in the mail, activate your refund preference.
For more information, contact:
Frequently Asked Questions
How are refunds from Grand Rapids Community College delivered to students?
Once your refund preference is selected, funds are sent from GRCC to BankMobile who then disburses the refunds according to your selection.
How do I get my unique Personal Code?
New GRCC students will receive a Refund Selection Kit from BankMobile in the mail at their primary address on file with GRCC.
Don't have your Personal Code?
Go to RefundSelection.com to track it online.
I don’t think I will ever get a refund. Why is it important to select a refund preference?
Although you might not currently expect a refund from GRCC, we may have a refund for you in the future. After all, it may be necessary to drop a class, a class may be cancelled or you may simply receive a scholarship or assistance you were not anticipating. Selecting your refund preference to receive refunds from GRCC ensures you’ll always receive your refunds in a timely manner.
What are my options for receiving Financial Aid or other refunds?
- Electronic Deposit to another account (refunds available in two to three business days).
- Electronic Deposit to a BankMobile Vibe account (refunds available the same day GRCC releases them).
How do I set up the electronic deposit to another bank account?
In order to have your refund deposited to your bank, select electronic deposit to another account as your refund preference as soon as you receive the unique Personal Code by visiting RefundSelection.com.
What exactly is the BankMobile Vibe Account?
The BankMobile Vibe Account is a fully functioning FDIC Insured checking account with no minimum balance, no monthly fees and offers a world of great benefits such as:
- Free access at Allpoint® ATMs (GRCC has an ATM located in the Student Center, 1st floor)
- Free checks
- No NSF/overdraft fees
- Free card on/off switch
- The ability to make purchases anywhere Debit MasterCard® is accepted.
Banking services provided by Customers Bank, Member FDIC. The BankMobile Vibe account is issued by Customers Bank pursuant to license from MasterCard International Incorporated. The card is administered by BankMobile.
NOTE: The BankMobile Vibe Account is a checking account and standard banking fees will be applied when applicable. Please review the BankMobile Fee Schedule for a complete list of all applicable banking fees.
How will I know when my Financial Aid or other refund has been electronically deposited to the BankMobile Vibe Account?
When your refund has been deposited to your BankMobile Vibe Account, BankMobile will send an email to the address you entered during the set up of your account. Additionally, you can view the details of your BankMobile Vibe Account by accessing your statement online at RefundSelection.com or by signing up to receive text messages sent directly to your cell phone with Mobile Alerts.