Paying by Check
Please make checks payable to GRCC Cashier's Office (include student ID# on check)
GRCC Cashier's Office
143 Bostwick Ave NE
Grand Rapids MI 49503
These cards are accepted for payment of tuition and fees. (Credit and debit cards will be accepted online via your student center or over the phone by calling (616) 234-4020)
Information on FACTS Payment Plan
Tuition Refund Policy
All tuition and fee refunds are processed through BankMobile.
For information about Financial Aid Refunds, see Financial Aid Important Dates
If a student has completely withdrawn from the current semester, they may request a refund for tuition/fees after the semester due date. All other refunds will follow the Financial Aid refund schedule.
All refunds of tuition and fees will be based on the student’s official withdrawal date using one of the following options:
A student must initiate a refund by dropping a class via the online student center or by going to the Enrollment Center to obtain assistance with the online process. The percentage of tuition refunded to the students who drop classes will be calculated for each class based on (1) the number of calendar days (including weekends) between the class start date and the end date (regardless of the number of days the class has met and/or the student has attended and (2) the date the drop is initiated by the student. Exceptions shall be made when the College cancels a class.
- Withdraw before 5% of calendar days………..100% refund
- Withdraw before 10% of calendar days………50 % refund
- Withdraw after 10% of calendar days…………0% refund
The following College fees will be refunded based on the same percentage as the tuition refund schedule: Technology Fee, Facility Maintenance Fee, Campus Activity Fee and Course Fees.
The Student Records fee is non-refundable.
Check the drop/refund dates calendar for the refund percentage by logging in to your Online Center and clicking the icon to the left of your class for specfic refund dates.
Tuition and Fees Appeal Process
The College realizes that, on rare occasions, students may need to appeal the published refund deadlines due to extenuating circumstances such as:
• Military deployment
• Death of an immediate family member (parent, child, spouse, or sibling)
• A documented student medical emergency
• Verifiable error on the part of Grand Rapids Community College
• Other: Provide a detailed explanation of the situation and include relevant documentation
The following reasons are not accepted:
• Incarceration/parole violation
• Job change
• Acceptance into another school
• Unaware of College withdrawal schedule
• Loss of transportation to/from class
• Personal/family concerns that impose on study/class time
• Incorrect course advising recommendations provided by “other” college
• Enlisting in the Armed Forces
• Issues between the student and the instructor
In all cases, the extenuating circumstances must have interrupted your ability to:
• Attend class(es) for a substantial length of time
• Complete the semester
• Adhere to the College’s refund policy
• Student must complete the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application.
• Attach supporting documentation. Examples of supporting documentation include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Medical Emergency—Letter from health care provider explaining the general nature of medical emergency and dates in which the medical emergency occurred. The letter should also address how the medical emergency impacted the student’s ability to attend class.
- Death of Immediate Family Member—Obituary or death notice.
- College Verifiable Error—Documentation substantiating the error.
• If you receive Financial Aid, consult with a Financial Aid staff member to determine the Financial Aid impact. Refunds involving Financial Aid allocations may result in a fund repayment by the requesting student to the college.
• Filing an appeal does not relieve you from your current financial obligation to Grand Rapids Community College. You are responsible for all charges assessed on your account pending a decision.
• Appeals will be accepted for review for 30 days after each semester. Appeals submitted after this time period will not be accepted.
• The refund appeal will be reviewed once we receive the Tuition and Fee Refund Appeal Application and supporting documentation.
• An appointed committee will review appeals within 10 business days. After a decision has been made, we will contact you via e-mail.
• If you received Financial Aid, and you plan on returning to GRCC, you must pay back all funds indicated on your student account prior to registering for the next semester.
• In the event of a student death, this form can be completed by an immediate family member over the age of 18. An immediate family member is defined as a parent, spouse/partner, child, and/or sibling.