A Pathway to West Michigan Healthcare Careers
What is America’s Promise?
America’s Promise is a federally funded grant through the US Department of Labor.
What Will Participants Receive?
- A Career Coach to help them navigate educational and workforce systems
- Assistance with financial need and training enrollment
- Comprehensive assessments to target their best career path
- Job-placement services
- Job retention services
What Career Pathways are Offered?
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Dental Hygienist
- Medical Assistant
- Pharmacy Technician
- Practical Nurse
- Radiologic Technician
- Registered Nurse
- Sterile Processing Technician
- Surgical Technician
- More added throughout the program
The Partnering Organizations
- Goodwill of Greater Grand Rapids
- Grand Rapids Community College
- Grand Rapids Urban League
- Montcalm Community College
- Muskegon Community College
- Ottawa Area Intermediate School District
- The Hispanic Center of West Michigan
- The Literacy Center of West Michigan
- West Michigan Center for Arts and Technology (WMCAT)
- West Michigan Works
What is my first step?
If you are interested in being enrolled in the America’s Promise grant, contact any of the partner organizations listed above and ask for their America’s Promise staff.
Performance Summer 2019