Job ID 21276
• Monitor pool and pool deck on a continuous basis. Respond to emergencies as needed.
• Greet patrons politely and ensure their needs are met upon their arrival.
• Enforce all general rules of safe conduct upon all those participating in aquatic related activities.
• Monitor the pool’s main door keeping accurate track of who is making use of pool facilities, and assessing appropriate fees when necessary.
• Maintain an accurate pool entry log sheet and keep accurate accounting of appropriate fees collected.
• Make certain that pool deck is kept neat, clean, and free from any items, which do not belong out or are potentially hazardous.
• Assist program leadership with the effective production of activities taking place in the pool.
• Participate in regular pool staff in-service training.
• Perform any other duties as appropriately assigned by the events director or his designee.
• Assist facility staff with the enforcement of all College and facility policies, rules, and regulations when applicable.
• Must present and maintain current American Red Cross lifeguarding certification.
• Must be capable of passing a lifeguarding skills test-demonstrating competency in any skills a lifeguard must know, (CPR, AED, Spinal Boarding, First Aid, Etc.)
• Must be punctual, demonstrate excellent attendance, and be able to work under pressure.
• Must be accountable—to fellow staff members, supervisors and the patrons we serve.
• Proficient in math (the ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide)
• Must communicate well with patrons and staff verbally and in writing.
• Must be passionate about lifeguarding.
• Certification as a WSI or LGI
• Previous experience as a lifeguard
• Previous management experience
• **Life guard training and certification will be provided by GRCC for successful candidates