Job ID 12555
IT Customer Support Technician
Main Campus, DeVos Campus
Flexible M-F 7a – 8:30p
• Provide timely and professional first-line technical support including GRCC’s enterprise applications (Blackboard, Online Student Center, Office Applications, Campus Network Accounts) to GRCC students, staff and faculty.
• Respond to email and telephone calls from students, staff and faculty concerning campus technology.
• Accurately document service requests and incidents in the current ticket/issue tracking software
• Contribute content to Customer Support knowledge base
• Interface with other Technology staff to diagnose and resolve customer and system issues
• Excellent communication skills, including both verbal and written communications.
• Must have a positive attitude and enjoy working with people.
• Successful experience working with diverse populations with a wide variety of technical experience.
• Must be able to prioritize issues and triage calls for students, faculty, and staff, perform basic computer support, and complete other duties specified by supervisor.
• Possess analytical and problem solving skills with demonstrated ability to troubleshoot both equipment and software problems.
• Must be dependable, punctual, and have a good attendance record.
• Demonstrated ability to work independently and as part of a team.
• Working knowledge of Windows and Macintosh operating systems and applications preferred.
• Willing to assist with different job functions as needed during peak times.
• Be available to work evening shifts when needed. (No later than 8:30 pm)