Do I need to be 21 to join the program?
- No. The Michigan Liquor Control Commission requires that students be 18 or older to enroll in classes in the Craft Brewing, Packaging, and Service Operations Certificate.
Can I go part-time?
Where can I find the schedule of classes?
- The Online Center using the Course/Schedule Search.
How many days/hours per week will I be in class?
- Days/hours vary depending on classes selected.
What classes are required?
- CRB 101 Introduction to Beer Service, Sensory Analysis, and Brewing
- CRB 105 Craft Brewing Fieldwork
- CRB 110 Craft Beverage Brewing
- CRB 180 Craft Brewing Internship*
- CRB 201 Advanced Sensory Evaluation and Taste Management
- CRB 205 Craft Beverage Business
- CRB 210 Advanced Craft Beverage Brewing
- BA 105 Entrepreneurship OR BA 270 Marketing
CRB 180 Craft Brewing Internship requires Department Consent. Two forms are required to be turned in to the Secchia Institute for Culinary Education to sign up. These forms are found on BlackBoard under Secchia Institute for Culinary Education in the CA/CRB 180 Internship section.
What are the approximate costs?
Please see the tuition and fees web page for approximate costs. For this program, we follow the Culinary Arts Differential tuition rate (Tier 1). There are additional fees for books and parking.