2019 Adjunct Recruitment Event
Saturday, November 9th, in Room 108 of Sneden Hall
GRCC’s DeVos Campus
415 Fulton Street E
Grand Rapids, MI 49503
Free on-site parking will be available.
We invite you to attend this meeting of college faculty/staff and potential faculty members like yourself. Our overall purpose is to provide adjunct applicants with a "PREVIEW" of what it means to be an adjunct faculty member at GRCC, as well as the process we use for hiring.
This event is primarily focused on the following disciplines: Biology, Business, Manufacturing, Construction Electrical Apprenticeship, Applied Tech, Computer Information Systems, Mathematics, Psychology, Criminal Justice, Lakeshore Campus and Social Sciences . However, we welcome the presence of any adjunct applicant to attend.
- 8:00 AM - Registration
- A continental breakfast will be served as you mingle. During this time you will be provided with a packet that will map out your morning. A computer lab will be available during this time and will be staffed by Human Resources, for those who either need to apply, update their information, or print out their resume on file.
- 8:30 AM - Opening Remarks
- 8:45 AM - Speakers and Presentations
- Schools of Workforce Development & Arts and Sciences Structure/Adjunct Hiring Process
- Adjunct Instructor Professional Development Resources
- Adjunct Instructor Resources from the Office of Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
- Who are our Students and What Student Success Resources are available to them?
- Lakeshore Campus/Middle College Program
- 9:20 AM - Current Adjunct Panel: Their stories, Q&A
- 9:50 AM - Departmental Pre-screening Breakout Sessions.
- For example, a Communications department adjunct applicant will be directed to bring their resume to the room that will house Communications Faculty and/or Academic leadership. These sessions will be informal discussions, allowing Leadership to interact with applicants regarding their teaching experience.
We ask that you please RSVP by November 1, 2019 if you plan to attend this event. Remember, adjunct applicants must meet the minimum education requirements to be eligible for hire. Teaching experience may include graduate assistant work, student teaching, K-12 teaching, developing and delivering training, and/or other higher education instructional experience. Please bring your updated resume, however, a computer lab will be available for your use. Please keep in mind that this event is not meant to replace the formal interviewing process. Please contact Angie Ramirez at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.