The Distinguished Alumni Award is the highest honor bestowed upon a former student of Grand Rapids Community College. The award recognizes former Grand Rapids Community College or Grand Rapids Junior College students who through their distinction in their chosen field of endeavor, service to society, and dedication and loyalty to the college, exemplify the core values of Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Responsiveness, and Sustainability.
To be eligible for nomination, the alumnus or alumnae:
- Has earned 30 or more credit hours from GRCC/JC, and
- Exemplifies the core values of the college: Accountability, Diversity, Excellence, Innovation, Integrity, Respect, Responsiveness, and Sustainability, and
- Has made outstanding strides in their professional field, and/or
- Has given outstanding service to their community, and/or
- Has shown outstanding support for Grand Rapids Community College
Nominations for the 2019 Distinguished Alumni Award can be received from June 1, 2018 through February 1, 2019. The award-winner will be recognized for their achievements at Commencement on Friday, April 26, 2019.
ATTN: Corey Turner, Alumni Relations
143 Bostwick Ave NE | Grand Rapids, MI 49503
firstname.lastname@example.org | (616) 234-3025