The Child Development and Education Department is also home to the Resource Room. The Resource Room is a wonderful place for current Child Development and/or Education students to come get materials for class projects and even provides a workspace for students to unleash their creativity. The Resource Room is located in room 205 Main, just down the hall from the Child Development & Education Department Office.
- All lamination must be done by a Child Development/Education Department employee. The laminator takes approximately 30 minutes to warm up, please plan accordingly. There is a 5 foot maximum for laminating per student, per day.
- Book binding
- Our library is a great resource for students to find current information in the Child Development/Education field as well as a great place to pick up children's literature. Up to three books can be checked out for up to two weeks. If books are not returned on time, a hold may be placed on your student account.
- Ample Workspace
- Die Cutting/Cricut
- We have a large selection of manual die cuts where customers can cut their own projects.
- We also have a Cricut cutting machine for more specialized projects. The Cricut must be operated by a Resource Room employee.
- Construction Paper
- Fabric Paint & Washable Paint
- Markers, Crayons, Colored Pencils
- Pins, brackets, brads, binder rings, feathers, pom-poms, craft sticks and so much more!
Resource Room Hours - Winter 2018
|Monday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Tuesday||8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Wednesday||8:00 a.m. - 12:00 p.m. & 3:00 p.m. - 5:00 p.m.|
|Thursday||8:00 a.m. - 3:30 p.m.|
|Friday||8:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.|
|Binder Rings (any size)||$0.25/ring|
|Brads (any size)||$0.25/4 brads|
|Googly Eyes||$0.25/4 pair|
|Pom Poms||$0.25/5 pom poms|
|Velcro||$0.25/4 pieces (front & back)|
|Craft Sticks (any size)||$0.25/stick|
|Pipe Cleaners||$0.25/4 pipe cleaners|
|Magnet Tape||$0.25/6" of tape|
Prices are subject to change without prior notice.
Resource Room Class Credits and Payment
Some Child Development/Education courses provide students with a$10 credit for the resource room. If you do not have Resource Room credit or you have used it up, payment must be made with cash.
Call the Child Development & Education Department office at (616) 234-3380 if you have any questions about the Resource Room.