Get Help through Student Life
Our Student Life Office provides services and resources to assist you when you are in immediate need.
The Get Help program addresses our students’ urgent needs related to:
- Emergency housing resources.
- Food assistance.
- Emergency funding resources.
- Medical, dental and vision resources.
- Lakeshore Campus resources
Mental health and counseling services in the community
- Network 180, Mental Health & Substance Abuse Services (616) 336-3535
- Immediate assessment, referral, and support for any kind of mental health or substance abuse problem.
- Fountain Hill Center
- Services to couples, families, individuals, and children in a variety of capacities.
- Forest View Hospital
- Individualized treatment for a broad range of psychiatric disorders. Services include 24-hour assessment and referral.
- Our Hope Association
- Rehabilitative programs for recovering female alcoholics, including those who may be involved with other drug dependencies, in a residential or outpatient setting, regardless of ability to pay.
- Pine Rest
- Inpatient hospitalization, partial hospitalization, outpatient counseling.
- Western Michigan University - Grand Rapids, Center for Counseling and Psychological Services (616) 771-4171
- Provides provides practical training opportunities for graduate students by offering low cost mental health services to residents of southwestern Michigan.
- YWCA, Sexual Assault and Domestic Violence Programs (616) 451-2744
- 24-hour crisis intervention and forensic medical examinations for survivors of rape. Also offers individual counseling, support groups, short-term respite for survivors unable to return to their homes or who are homeless.