Online career exploration
Explore online with personality assessments and career outlook information for various jobs and industries.
Use FOCUS 2 for a self-guided career, major, and education planning system.
- Watch a tour on what FOCUS 2 CAREER is all about!
- Register as a new user with access code: raiders.
- Take a self-assessment.
- Explore careers and areas of study.
- Save your findings and discuss with an advisor!
Career Coach is connected directly to GRCC's curriculum, so you can browse careers or pathways and programs to see your opportunities right here in West Michigan.
Additionally, you can take an assessment to explore careers based on your interests.
- O*NET — Occupational Information Network. Find occupations using keywords or use a list of your skills to find matching occupations
- Occupational Outlook Handbook — Career information from the US Dept. of Labor
- Career One Stop: Pathways to Career Success — Tools to help job seekers, students, businesses, and career professionals. Also provides links to employment statistics by state. Sponsored by the US Department of Labor
- Michigan Labor Market Information — Prepares employment outlook by careers. This is a great way explore the demand in the work force and wage information.
- Vocational Information Center — Explore vocational and technical careers; includes links to career descriptions, educational sites, directories, associations, and more.
- NACADA Clearing House — An organization that has identified several university websites with career resources
- What can I do with a major in? — Learn about careers available for different majors
- What can I do with a major in? from University of North Carolina at Wilmington, learn about careers available for different majors.
- PayScale's Guide to Early Career Success — How to find a job that aligns with your strengths and passions.