FastTrack is an intensive three-week learning lab to help you strengthen your academic and study skills through a combination of web-based and professional tutor-guided activities. You will also learn about college resources to help you be more successful in your academic career.
Eligible students may enroll in either Math or Integrated Reading & Writing (IRW).
FastTrack is free to students who have:
- Not started their class sequence within their eligible subject,
- Taken at least one placement test,
- And who have at least one score that falls within the following ranges:
|Subject||FastTrack Qualifying Score|
|Accuplacer English/Writing||1 - 5|
|ALEKS PPL Math||11 - 29|
After taking FastTrack you will retake the corresponding college placement test. A higher assessment score may allow you to bypass ONE of the following required courses: IRW 097, 098, 099 or MA 097, 098, 099 -- allowing you to move directly into the related college-level course. Moving directly into a college-level course will save you between $600 (in-district) and $1,200 (out-of-district) in tuition, fees, and books.
Registration for FastTrack Summer 2020 Is Coming Soon!
To participate in FastTrack, you must meet with a Success Coach for an intake appointment. Intake appointments will last approximately 60 minutes and take place at the College Success Center in Grand Rapids, or at the Midtown Center in Holland.
During the intake appointment, you will:
- Meet with a success coach to discuss education goals, identify barriers to success, connect with resources, and select your FastTrack session;
- Complete a Road Map to Success (pre-semester checklist);
- Schedule an academic advising appointment to complete a Success Plan;
- Register for New Student Orientation (if needed);
- Address questions regarding the financial aid process (if needed); and
- Learn about the various support services and resources available on campus.
To schedule an appointment, call the College Success Center at (616) 234-2312 or email email@example.com.