GRCC is an open access college that prepares individuals to attain their goals and contribute to the Community. In order to achieve its mission, the College coordinates curricular, co-curricular and extracurricular experiences that occur both within and beyond the boundaries of College property. Examples of these experiences include, but not limited to, athletic team competitions and training, culinary competitions, field trips, internships, recognized student organization and club travel, service learning or study away.
This webpage provides required documents and guidance for employees, coaches, volunteers and students while coordinating and participating on a College Sponsored Student Travel experience.
College Sponsored Student Travel Policy
The purpose of the College Sponsored Student Travel policy is to provide guidance for employees, coaches, volunteers and students when traveling away from campus to minimize risk.
Guiding Risk and Liability Practices and Procedures
All College Sponsored Student Travel experiences must be approved in accordance to the procedures and guidelines from the representing Office and/or Department who has oversight over the requested travel experience.
This document provides specific guidance for employees, coaches, volunteers and students while coordinating and participating on the following travel experiences.
- Athletic team competitions and training
- College Led Group travel
- Culinary competitions
- Field trips
- Recognized student organization and club travel
- Service learning
- Study Away
College Sponsored Student Travel Documents
The documents below are used by employees, coaches, volunteers and students while coordinating and participating in College Sponsored Student Travel experiences.
- Athletics Medical Packet (Contact the Athletics Department)
- Check Request Form
- College Sponsored Travel Approval Form
- Criminal Background Check Form
- Emergency Contact Form (folder)
- Employee Leave of Absence Form
- Employee Reimbursement Form
- Field Trip Travel Expectations and Behavior Agreement (folder)
- Health Information Form (folder)
- Health Insurance Coverage Certification Form (folder)
- Internship Agreement (Contact Department Coordinating the Internship)
- Risk and Release Form (folder)
- Service Learning Designation Request Form
- Service Learning Faculty Registration Form
- Statement of Responsibility and Assumption of Risk Regarding Student Participation (Contact Department Coordinating the Internship)
- Student Service Learning Registration Form
- Study Away Extended Stay Form (Contact the Department of Experiential Learning)
- Study Away Full Proposal
- Study Away Pre Proposal
- Study Away Student Behavior Expectations Agreement (folder)
- Trip Information Cover Sheet