Armen Awards Celebration Event
The Armen Awards Celebration event is the primary venue that gathers all of the teams together to showcase their projects to the community. The event invites all GRCC faculty, administrative leadership and stakeholders to celebrate on your behalf. The event features an awards presentation including interviews and powerful video of the work of each team, and a (huge) check presentation.
- 1st Prize $3,000 - 2nd Prize $1,500 - 3rd Prize $750
- Date: Friday, April 22nd from 3:00-5:00pm
- Location: the Kendall College of Art and Design of Ferris State University Woodbridge N. Ferris Building located at 17 Pearl St. NW, Room 217
- example promotional video [here]
Format and Hospitality
1. This is a business casual attire event.
2. Free Parking is available at GRCC's Lyon Parking Ramp off of Bostwick Avenue. Parking passes are provided at the event. Click Here for parking directions.
3. The Woodbridge N. Ferris Building is located one block west of the Lyon Parking Ramp at 17 Pearl St. NW. Guests will enter the building at the south entrance off of Pearl Street. Signs and staff will direct you to Room 217 on the second floor via stairs or elevator.
4. Teams are required to attend, the community partner is required to give a 5-minutes presentation.
- faculty are encouraged to invite their students as well as faculty within their department, their department head and Dean's.
- each team will have an assigned table with approximately 6-8 seats.
5. A professional photographer and members from the media will be at the event. They will want to ensure they have taken group photos of your team.
5. The top three teams will be announced and presented with a large (lotto-like) check. This is yours to keep (pretty cool).
Post Armen Awards RecognitionOur Communications Department does a great job showcasing the Armen Awards both internally and externally.
- press releases [example]
- secure the winning team a spot on the morning show eightWest. [example]
- video's of each team will be made available on youtube
- social media promrotion through facebook
- GRCC Today [example]
- external newsletter [example]
- MLive Media [example]
- The Collegiate Newspaper [example]