1. The proposal is designed to guide faculty members in the construction of a service learning experience covering the following topics:
- Curriculum Planning, Community Partner, Service, Connectivity and Reflection
- ideally, proposals are prepared a semester in advance to ensure proper establishment of a community partner and agreed upon service project
- proposals are due no later than Friday, September 11th if they are participating in the Fall semester and Friday, November 6th if they are participating in the Winter semester.
- It's best to read "Tips for integrating Service Learning" first!
- This procedure is often paired with 1-2 hours of training.
- A syllabus is also submitted as part of the approval process and must meet the service learning syllabus standards.
- Click [here] for the service learning language for the syllabus.
Proposal Review and Approval Process
1. The Service Learning Review Team will review the submitted materials and determine if the proposal meets the armen awards criteria.
- The Review Team is composed of faculty and administrators.
- This review process may take 3-5 business days.
- click [here] for the review/approval criteria
- clcik [here] for a completed proposal example
- proposals are submitted using a web form [here]
2. Once the proposal is approved, notification will go out to the faculty member and sponsoring Department Head.
3. The faculty member is resonsible to complete the service learning registration process.