- Entries must be submitted no later than midnight Saturday, November 1, 2014 EST.
- To submit an entry, you must complete the entire Armen Awards Proposal Form. Once your entry is received by the Armen Awards Team, you will receive an e-mail confirming submission.
- You must enter theArmen Awards as a team (See Eligibility). If you need assistance in forming a team, notify the Armen Awards Team will provide you assistance.
- Once your team is formed, and your Armen Awards Proposal Form is submitted, your team members are final and adding additional team members is not allowed. You can request "information, advice, guidance, support, etc" from other GRCC faculty, students, staff outside of your team, but their participation is strictly voluntary.
- Teams will decide, and communicate in writing, how team winnings will be shared/ distributed prior to the financial awards being announced. Payouts will be made at the end of the Armen Awards event.
Eligibility for the Armen Awards
The Armen Awards is a team competition comprised of:
- (1) Community Partner
- (1) GRCC faculty (Full-Time and adjuncts)
- team members may participate on only one team, unless approved by the Armen Awards Team.
- no members of the Armen Awards Team may participate in the competition.
Armen Awards Important Dates
- Friday, September 11, 2015 Fall Proposal Deadline
- Friday, November 6, 2015 Winter Proposal Deadline
- Friday, December 11, 2015 Final Outcome Report Due for Fall Armen Projects
- Friday, April 8, 2016 Final Outcome Report Due for Winter Armen Projects
- Friday, April 22, 2016 The Armen Awards Celebration event. All teams are recognized and the first, second, and third place teams are announced.
- To submit an entry, you must complete the entire Armen Awards Proposal. Once your entry is received you will receive an e-mail confirming your teams submission.
- Once your teams Armen Awards Proposal is submitted, your team members are final and adding additional team members is not allowed. You can request "information, advice, guidance, support, etc" from other GRCC faculty, students, staff outside of your team, but their participation is strictly voluntary.
- Teams will decide, and communicate in writing, how team winnings will be shared/distributed prior to the financial awards being announced. Cash payouts will be made at the end of the Aremn Awards event.
- The Armen Awards may be terminated at any time if there are, in the opinion of the Armen Awards Team and/or judges, an insufficient number of entries, or, if the submissions are not of an appropriate standard for a competition of this nature.
- Participant(s) may be disqualified if they are found to be adversely affecting the Armen Awards or to be in breach of the rules.
- Rules may be amended at any time and participants agree to comply with those amendments.
- GRCC reserves the right to use any information submitted by entrants for any purpose whatsoever.
- All winners agree to the use of their names and likenesses in publicity without notice or any additional compensation, except where prohibited by law. By entering the Armen Awards, the winners acknowledge that GRCC has the right to publicize and broadcast their name, voice, and likeness, the fact that they won, and all matters incidental thereto. GRCC is not obligated to attribute submissions to their entrant.
- By entering this Armen Awards, each entrant forever discharges and releases GRCC and its respective directors, officers, employees, agents, and subsidiaries from any and all liability, claims, causes of action, suits, and demands of any kind arising from or in connection with Armen Awards.
- These rules are subject to modification by GRCC in its sole discretion.
- An entrant is not a winner unless and until entrant's eligibility has been verified and entrant has been notified that verification is complete. In the event that a winner is determined to be ineligible, his or her prize will be forfeited and GRCC reserves the right to select an alternate winner from among remaining eligible entries.
- GRCC reserves the right to terminate the Armen Awards without awarding prizes if no eligible winner or alternate winners claim the prizes within the required time.
- You grant GRCC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, and licensees a royalty-free, irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive and fully sub-licensable (patent) license to use, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, translate, create derivative works from, distribute, perform and display the Armen Awards entry in whole or in part, on a worldwide basis, to identify you in conjunction with such uses of the Materials, and to incorporate them in other works, in any form, in any and all media now known or ever devised, in any and all versions, worldwide in perpetuity for any purpose, including, but not limited to, broadcast, streaming, broadband, outreach, promotion, publicity, marketing, and advertisement of GRCC and any of its properties or services.
- You are authorized to submit the Armen Awards Proposal, and you grant the rights in the Armen Awards Proposal, as stated herein, whether or not GRCC chooses to use the Armen Awards for any particular purpose or at any particular time. You represent that you own all rights, title, and interest in the Armen Awards Proposal or that you otherwise have authority to submit the Armen Awards Proposal and to grant the license described herein. You represent that you have obtained all permissions, clearance, and releases from any third parties necessary to allow your submission and GRCC's use of the Armen Awards Proposal, as set forth herein
- You represent that the Armen Awards Proposal submitted is not (a) unlawful, obscene, defamatory, libelous, threatening, fraudulent, abusive, pornographic, harassing, or encourages conduct that would be considered a criminal offense, or does or could give rise to civil liability or violate any law, rule, or regulation, or is otherwise objectionable; (b) non-public information about any company that you are not authorized to disclose; and (c) an advertisement, solicitation, chain letter, pyramid scheme, investment opportunity, or other unsolicited commercial communication.
- You agree not to make any claim against GRCC, its affiliates, subsidiaries, licensees, and assigns as a result of your participation in this Armen Awards, any use of or decision not to use the Armen Awards Proposal, including, but not limited to, any claim that such use invades any right of privacy, publicity, or both.
- You understand that, other than the opportunity to enter this Armen Awards, you will not be paid any money or receive any form of compensation for giving GRCC these rights. You further understand you will not be reimbursed for any costs you may have incurred in connection with submitting the Armen Awards Proposal.
- You represent that you are at least 18 years old and otherwise satisfy the entry and eligibility requirements described in these Official Rules.