GRCC Homecoming Week 2017
Our Raiders, Our Rapids
Monday- Thursday Department Decorating Contest
Monday Oct. 16th
A MAIZE'n breakfast
- Breakfast for the first 150 students w/ RAIDER CARD
- (Donuts, cider, and coffee)
Tuesday Oct. 17th
Raiders w/ a Heart of Gold
4th floor Main
11 a.m.-2 p.m.
- Lunch for the first 250 students w/ RAIDER CARD
- Collaboration with the Children's Food Basket. Decorating baskets with Volleyball team. Serving soups and sandwiches to students who come and decorate a bag.
- We will also take donations (food or monetary) for the Children's Food Basket organization.
Department Decorating Contest
- Judging for departments occurs throughout the day
Wednesday Oct. 18th
Raider Fun Run 5k
- 5-5:45 p.m. Registration/Packet Pick-up at Ford Fieldhouse.
- This is a free race open to all students, staff, faculty, and community members.
- First 100 runners/walkers registered will receive a racers bib, water bottle, and long sleeve shirt.
- This will be a campus run connecting Main Campus to DeVos Campus.
- The map outline is 1.5, to complete 5K, the route has to be completed twice.
Interested in helping out? Volunteer sign up can be found here!
Thursday Oct. 19th
Shiver-me-Timbers, its a Tailgate!
Raider Grille Patio, SCC
- Activities for students and alumni will be held in the Raider Grille with, yard games, photo background for pictures, and a Raider Pride station. The Raider Pride station will have poster making, face painting, GR tattoos, and noise maker crafts. First 25 people get a free Homecoming Shirt. "The Cavalry" t-shirts will be on sale.
- 6:15 p.m. Ribbon cutting of "The Cavalry" student section, Ford Fieldhouse
- 6:30 p.m. Women's Volleyball Game Raiders vs Red Hawks, Ford Fieldhouse