International Honor Society of the Two-Year College
Alpha Upsilon Kappa Chapter
Grand Rapids Community College |
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Criteria of Membership
To join, you must have:
- A 3.5 cumulative GPA
- Have earned 12 credits at Grand Rapids Community College
- Pay the $75 Lifetime membership fee
Benefits of Membership
The Visable Benefits:
- You receive the Golden Key membership pin.
- You receive the official, gold-embossed certificate and a wallet size membership identification card. You can use these for instant verification.
- You receive the Phi Theta Kappa transcript stamp which provides permanent certification of membership and serves as a lifetime endorsement of your academic achievements.
- You get the Official Seal on your community college diploma.
- You get the privilege to wear the golden monogrammed Honors Stole at commencement. (There is an extra cost for these items.)
Show Me the Money!!!
The scholarship opportunities are endless. More than 440 Senior Institutions in the United States offer over 32 million dollars in scholarships to transferring Phi Theta Kappa Members.
Phi Theta Kappa Scholarships:
- Leaders Of Promise
- Guistwhite Scholarship
- The Nota Bene Scholarship
- and more ...
- Coca-Cola Scholarship
- All-USA Scholarships
- National Dean's List
- and more ...
These are examples of scholarships available. Locally, Grand Valley, Aquinas, Western Michigan, Ferris State, Oakland University and Michigan State all offer competitive scholarships to active Phi Theta Kappa members. Did you ever think "Gee, I would like to go out-of-state to school but it cost too much?" Change that thought! Many four-year institutions in other states waive residency, offer full-rides, or at least large awards for high-GPA Phi Theta Kappa students.