As a downtown urban campus the GRCC Main Campus has limited parking on site. During peak times (Monday – Thursday, 8:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m.) on-campus parking is at capacity. Students can park in any of the following parking structures:
- The Bostwick Ramp, entrances on Bostwick and Ransom Streets NE
- The Lyon Parking Ramp, entrance on Bostwick Street NE
- The Barclay Lot (behind the Music Center) , entrance on Lyon Street NE
- The Devos Campus Lot, entrance on Fountain Street. There is a FREE suttle service between Devos Campus and Main Campus (Click here for shuttle route and schedule)
There are two ways to pay:
1. RaiderCard Readers
- All lanes have RaiderCard readers, some lanes only have RaiderCard Readers
- You must have money on your RaiderCard to pay the $2.50 parking fee to exit the ramp.
- If you have no money on your RaiderCard you must use a pay in lane machine.
2. Pay in lane machines
- Pay in lane machines accept cash, credit and debit cards for payment.
- With a ticket, pay in lane machines charge $1.00 per half hour up to a $9.00 daily maximum.
- There is a help button on each pay in lane machine if you are having trouble exiting the lot.
- No attendants will be on duty at the lanes, and no fail to pay tickets will be issued.
Please note that if you loose your ticket, or have no ticket, and have no money on your RaiderCard you will be charged $9.00 at the pay in lane machine.
- Fall & Winter Semesters, Monday - Friday, 6 am to 11 pm, Saturdays from 7 am to 5 pm (Main Ramp only), and Sundays the top of the Main Ramp is open all day.
- Summer semesters, Monday - Thursday from 6 am to 11 pm, and Fridays, from 6 am to 6:30 pm. On Saturdays and Sundays the top of the Main ramp is open all day.
RaiderCard Parking Readers Upgraded
New parking readers have been installed in the GRCC student parking ramps. Students will continue to swipe their student RaiderCards to enter and exit the ramps.
Due to the new readers’ design, students will need to swipe their RaiderCard with the magnetic stripe facing the reader display. If you experience any issues with the new parking readers please stop by Student Life or call 234-4160 for assistance.
The overhead clearance for the Bostwick Ramp is 6’ 4”, and he Lyon Ramp is 7’. All oversized vehicles should park in the Barclay Lot.
There is limited metered parking on the city streets surrounding the main campus. Be forewarned! Metered street parking is heavily patrolled. Tickets often result from expired meters and illegal parking. You can now use your cell phone to pay for parking at a city meter - more information on the City of Grand Rapids website.