The Faculty/Staff Externship program is a professional development opportunity designed to support faculty and staff connections to regional business and social sector theory and practice. It is the goal of an externship to obtain a first-hand view of the occupational options, labor market needs, skill requirements, and standards that regional employers embrace through direct work experiences. The intent is to validate or improve practices at GRCC.
- Applicants have been employed full time at GRCC for a minimum of three years.
- Applicants must be willing to commit a minimum of 40 hours to the externship experience.
- Applicants agree to complete the Externship Experience summary to be placed publically on the GRCC website.
- Applicants agree to make recommendations regarding, if appropriate, new process, procedures, or curriculum during the approaching school year as a result of their externship.
- Approval by the applicant’s direct supervisor.
Application and Selection
Completed applications and supporting documentation must be provided to the appropriate department by the March 30, 2014 deadline for a summer externship. The application form is available in the Application Forms section to the right.
FACULTY applications should be sent to the Center for Teaching Excellence, 308 Main Building. If you have questions, call 234-2278.
STAFF applications should be sent to Staff Development, 100 Administration Building, Devos Campus. If you have questions, call 234-4285.
Once the application packet is received, a selection committee consisting of faculty, staff and administration will review the material. All applicants will be notified of their status no later than April 30, 2014.