The safety and wellbeing of our staff and students is of utmost importance. Employees of GRCC must be aware of all institutional policies and adhere to them at all times. A comprehensive list of these policies can be found at: www.grcc.edu/policies.
Compliance Plan. All employees (including Student Employees) are required to complete the following compliance trainings on an annual basis:
- Ethics - Foundational Values for a Code of Conduct
- FERPA for Higher Education
- Title IX for Higher Education
- Drug and Alcohol Policy & Drug and Alcohol Abuse Prevention Program
- Run. Hide. Fight. Active Shooter Response Training (on-campus training offered every other month, visit the Learning Opportunities page for upcoming offerings)
The compliance plan is available to review/complete in *Skillport.
New Employee Orientation (NEO) Folder. New Employees are assigned a NEO folder of New Employee trainings in Skillport including:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- GHS - Right to know
- Promoting a Substance-free Workplace
- Harassment Prevention for Employees
- Acceptable Use of Technology
- Compliance Plan trainings
We ask that new Employees review/complete these trainings within the first 30 days of employment at GRCC. The new employee packet will take approximately four hours to complete.
*SkillPort is a robust online learning solution that includes e-learning compliance courses, supporting content and technology designed to be available 24/7. As part of our ongoing commitment to your professional development, this learning initiative can be accessed from the convenience of your desktop computer, laptop or mobile device.
Professional Development. Employees are eligible to include one hour of professional development to their training summary after completing all four required online compliance trainings and an additional one and a half hours after completing the Run, Hide, Fight training. Staff Development will update your training summary to include the one and a half hour Run. Hide. Fight. training. Staff Development will provide a summary of these trainings at the end of the fiscal year.
If you have any questions, please contact Staff Development at x4285.