Grade Requirements for Culinary classes: You must earn a C or better to pass a culinary class.
S.I.C.E. Professional Philosophy
Our philosophy of occupational education is to combine our professional experiences, education and understanding of the culinary industry and to present them in comprehensive form to the individual student. Our emphasis is on:
- Presenting a realistic picture of the food service industry and to introduce various occupations one may wish to access within the field.
- The student developing a personal pride in his/her work and maintaining a high standard of professionalism.
- Demonstrating the relationship between the individual needs of each student and the overall demands of the industry.
- Offering a balanced education through theoretical and practical exposure.
- Assisting with individual placement and job orientation in order to allow a well-adjusted pursuit of career goals, and job satisfaction.
- Occupational education should be made available to those who need, want, and can profit by it. The student who is motivated to learn and prepared to succeed, will be the student who does succeed.
Degree (A.A.A.S. Culinary Arts)