The profession of Occupational Therapy is supported by state and national organizations. For more information about the profession, levels of practice, regulations and frequently asked questions contact the following organizations.
- American Occupational Therapy Association (AOTA)
- National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT) - After successfully completing GRCC’s OTA program, you will be eligible to write the national certification examination to become a Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant (COTA). This exam is administered by the National Board for Certification in Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Michigan Occupational Therapy Association
The McClellan Scholarship is available to Occupational Therapy students in the fourth semester of the curriculum.
Criteria for application
- Full time Occupational Therapy Assistant student enrolled in the third semester of the OTA curriculum.
- Grade point average minimum of 3.0
Recipient awarded scholarship based on:
- Community involvement