Students are admitted to the program once a year, in the Fall semester.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, a student must:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the high school equivalency GED (General Educational Development) Test.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.5.
- Score at least 40 on the algebra or 65 on the arithmetic portion of the accuplacer placement test.
- Score at least 74 on the reading portion of the accuplacer placement test.
- Have completed a one-semester course of high school computers, focusing on computer literacy, Internet skills, retrieval and management of information with a grade of a least a “C”.
- Complete the criminal background check process.
- Successful completion of BI 121 and BI 122 with a grade of "C" or better within 2 attempts.
- Successful completion of OT 102 with a grade of C or better within 2 attempts.
Notice Effective 1/20/15: As of fall 2015 any student not currently on the Occupational Therapy Assistant wait list will be required to complete BI 121 and BI 122 with a C or better within two attempts.