Students are admitted to the program once a year, in the Fall semester.
In order to be eligible for admission into the Occupational Therapy Assistant (OTA) program, a student must:
- Be a high school graduate or have passed the high school equivalency GED (General Educational Development) Test.
- Have a high school GPA of at least 2.5.
- Score at least 40 on the algebra or 65 on the arithmetic portion of the accuplacer placement test.
- Score at least 74 on the reading portion of the accuplacer placement test.
- Have completed a one-semester course of high school computers, focusing on computer literacy, Internet skills, retrieval and management of information with a grade of a least a “C”.
- Submit and release findings of fingerprinting and criminal background check at GRCC.
- Successful completion of BI 121 and BI 122 with a grade of "C-" or better within 2 attempts.
- New admission requirement as of June 1,2012. Successful completion of OT 102 with a grade of C or better within 2 attempts.
For students presently on the OTA wait list prior to June 1, 2012 and for students that have applied to the OTA program prior to June 1, 2012 it is strongly recommended to complete OT 102 prior to OT 104 and OT 108.