We offer three fields of training- Mechanical Design, Architectural Technology and Architectural Design
Mechanical Design is a field in which designers construct solid models and prepare detailed drawings used to build products and machinery. The designers follow sketches, specifications and calculations of scientists, engineers and designers to prepare their drawings and models.
Architectural Technology is a field in which technicians draw plans showing architectural or structural features of a building. They prepare drawings of architectural and engineering drawings such as floor plans, elevations, sections, and perspective drawings. They fill in the details of building drawings and specifications using their knowledge of building construction.
Architectural Design is the first part of a program to receive a Master of Architecture. Designers will learn about sketching, 2D and 3D design, 3D CAD, construction materials and computer software for pictorial rendering of buildings. With these skills, they will design buildings and also prepare construction documents of commercial and residential buildings.
Programs and/or degrees offered:
The mission of the Mechanical and Architectural Design Department of GRCC is to:
- Offer students a leading edge curriculum that enhances their potential
- Nurture creativity and practical problem solving skills
- Prepare students in skill development to enter the job market
- Increase sustainable practices in design
- Develop collaborative programs with other academic institutions to enhance student choices in achieving Bachelor’s degree programs
- Develop collaborative programs within other areas of GRCC to offer multi-discipline degrees that maximize students' job potential
- Promote, develop and encourage faculty professional, cutting edge, continuing education