What can be borrowed?
- Check Journal List to see if the periodical title is available online for you to access the article.
- If the article or periodical is not available online, please use RaiderLoan.
Books & Audiovisual Material
- Search RaiderSearch, the library's online catalog for the title you need.
- If your title is not displayed in RaiderSearch. click the Search MeL icon. If available through MeLCat, click on Get This For Me! on the MeLCat search title results page and follow the screen prompts. If you choose your pickup locaation as Periodicals - 2nd Floor, your title will arrive in 5-7 calendar days. If you choose My Home for your pickup location, the item will be mailed to your home, but will take up to two weeks for delivery so please allow extra time for My Home selections.
- If your title is not available in RaiderSearch or MeLCat, please use RaiderLoan.
What cannot be borrowed?
Most libraries will not ordinarily lend the following types of materials:
- Periodical issues
- Genealogical material
- Rare, valuable, or unique materials, including manuscripts
- Bulky or fragile items that are difficult or expensive to ship
- Material in high demand at the lending library
- Material with local circulation restriction
Who can borrow?
This service is offered to Grand Rapids Community College students, faculty, emeritus faculty, and staff. Ferris State University affilates should place requests through FSU.