This page is maintained by Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies (DLIT) as part of the GRCC Digital Initiative. Our objectives include:
- Using tablet devices such as the iPad 2, Nook, Xoom, and Kindle for use in eBook evaluation (Blackboard Building Block eBook Integration like CafeScribe, McGraw-Hill Connect and NookStudy), mobile access to Blackboard, and in the creation of user generated content.
- Leveraging mobile technologies (iPad, Nook, Kindle, iPod touch, Xoom) that are developed, tested, and deployed through the DLIT and IT Academic Applications Team.
Some of our current work includes:
- E-mail, SMS and Text-to-Voice messages via Blackboard Connect.
- Providing access to a wide array of mobile apps (including iPhone®, iPod touch®, iPad®, Android™, BlackBerry®, and Palm® smartphones) for students and faculty through Blackboard Mobile Learn.
- GRCC app development (e.g. bbStats and GRCC Mobile) for android and IOS devices.
As we test and field mobile devices for teaching and learning, we also hope to serve as a resource. We'll share resources and what we learn here. Check back often and follow our posts, tweets and feeds (right)!