Distance Learning at GRCC is in an exciting period of growth and change, and the Distance Learning and Instructional Technologies (DLIT) Department would like to be able to best meet the needs of our faculty. In order to more effectively represent the faculty voice, the Distance Learning Faculty Advisory Board (DL FAB) was formed. This board is an official sub-committee of the Academic Governing Council (AGC).
The advisory group will meet as necessary and utilize electronic forms of communication whenever possible.
Here are a few goals for this group:
- Provide feedback to the Distance Learning CAP and Professional Development CAP
- Contribute to an ongoing quality and evaluation process for online courses
- Participate in the review, establishment and recommendation of quality standards
- Provide insight, support, advocacy, to advance instructional technologies
- Provide guidance and support in identifying courseware development tools and related instructional technologies
- Participate in expanding distance learning
- Identify methods of streamlining course development and DL curriculum
- Provide feedback about student orientation, retention, readiness, etc.
- Provide feedback about surveys for improving distance learning