Andre, a husband and father of three children, received his Associates degree from Grand Rapids Community College, his Bachelors degree from Grand Valley State University his Masters degree from Western Michigan University and his Doctoral degree from Western Michigan University.
Andre currently serves as a Counselor and Associate Professor at GRCC. Andre’s primary research interests relate to psychosocial factors that impact the Academic Achievement of Black males. Andre believes that counseling is an effective platform for producing within an individual: a system of thinking, feeling, and behaving that will empower a person to overcome the personal, familial, and societal challenges they may be encountering on their life journey. Andre is also the founder and director of Alpha Beta Omega (ABΩ). ABΩ is a leadership development program designed to empower Black male college students attending GRCC.
CLS 100 Introduction to College: New Student Experience
6. The 21-LAWS of eRACISM Vol III. Learning Racial Intelligence (A Brief Manual for All Americans)
Black Male Leadership Program (Alpha Beta Ωmega)
1. Black American Females: Once data has been gathered from 1000 subjects, the data will be used to inform the development of a therapeutic model for empowering Black American females.
2. Bi-Racial Americans: Once data has been gathered from 1000 subjects, the data will be used to inform the development of a therapeutic model for empowering Bi-Racial Americans.
1.The 21-Laws of eRacism Volume III. Unlearning Alienation (A Manual for Latino Americans) Summer 2017
2. The 21-Laws of eRacism Volume IV. Learning Racial Intelligence (A Manual for All Americans) Fall 2017
3. The Psychology of Racism Volume II. Faith, Fathers, and Famine: The Psychological Evolution of the Black Female Winter 2018
4. The Psychology of Racism Volume III. A Rock and a Hard Place: The Psychological Evolution of the Bi-Racial American Fall 2018