A grccraiders.com feature:
A record number of GRCC athletes -- 15 -- are among the National Junior College Athletic Association's Academic Student-Athlete Award winners.
Volleyball player Lauren Helsen is on the NJCAA All-Academic First Team, for students with a 4.0 GPA.
On the All-Academic Second Team, for GPAs of 3.8 to 3.99, are:
- Makayla Beld, basketball.
- Kirk Brown, baseball.
- Bruce Buurstra, baseball and cross country.
- Hailey Dekorte, volleyball.
- Kirk Dickson, cross country.
- Peyton Helsen, volleyball.
- Rylee Storms, volleyball.
- Zachary Pangborn, basketball.
On the All-Academic Third Team, for GPAs of 3.6 to 3.79, are:
- Madison Albert, basketball.
- Emily Farwell, volleyball.
- Jacqueline Jernigan, cross country.
- Kennedy Potts, volleyball.
- Danielle Schutte, softball.
- Hannah Stearns, volleyball.