Eligibility Requirements to Attend Orientation
Step 1: Only degree seeking students who have completed the admissions process will be mailed a welcome letter and an orientation invitation.
Step 2: Please RSVP. More info can be found on our Registration Info page.
Parents and Guests: The orientation program is designed and intended for the student and space in our labs is limited. While family support is an important part of a student’s academic career, this program is specifically designed for the student. If you choose to attend, please understand you may be separated from your student for part of the program.
Before Attending Orientation:
1. Setup Blackboard Account:
You can setup your account at www.grcc.edu/password. The user id and password will be used to access Blackboard, as well as other GRCC systems such as Student Email and Campus computers. Technology Questions or Problems? Call (616) 234-4357.
2. Complete Online Orientation Session:
Sign in to Blackboard at bb.grcc.edu and access the Orientation course listed located in your "My Course List". The online orientation course should be completed before attending your in person session. If you do not have a computer or internet access, you will have an option to complete this on campus.
The session contains four sections with four cooresponding assessments. If you have questions, please contact the Admissions and Enrollment Center at (616) 234-3300.
3. Time: Plan to attend the entire length of the orientation session. The session is scheduled for 3 hours but may end early depending on your needs and interest.
Parking free at the Thompson M-TEC and Midtown Center.
4. Set up your Online Student Center Account:
5. Enroll in classes:
Note: CLS 100 is required for most new students starting winter 2014.
You are not required to enroll in CLS 100 if you 1) have a high school GPA of 3.0 or higher, 2) test into PY 097 via your Accuplacer scores, or 3) transfer to GRCC more than 12 credit hours from another college or university.
If you notice that you have the CLS 100 hold on your account and need to have it removed, please contact the Admissions and Enrollment Center at 616-234-3300.
You may choose to wait and enroll in classes at orientation. This option is fine as well. If you choose to enroll in classes before your orietnation session, you will have time at orientation to review them with the counseling staff and make changes as suggested.
6. Accuplacer Students: Students placed in 2 or more classes: (EN097, RD097, RD098, MA095) are unable to enroll in classes until their Counseling and Career session, which happens at Orientation, where they can speak with an Academic Advisor. Qualifying students who have been placed in these classes can go through our Fast Track program to have one of these classes waived by completing a three week course.
7. Apply for Financial Aid at www.fafsa.gov.
Required information is to be turned in to the GRCC Financial Aid Office (Located in the first floor of the main building) Questions? Call (616) 234-4030.
8. Tuition is due: July 29