Main Navigation Menu

students sitting at computers

Four Year College/University Articulation Information

High School Articulation

Articulation is a process where students may earn college credits for career and technical courses they take in high school. It provides an opportunity for high schools and Grand Rapids Community College to partner, providing an oppotrunity for students to earn college credit while they are in high school.

How does it work?

The High School instructor must evaluate the student wishing to receive articulated high school credit. The High School instructor will use the Student Achievement Recording Process (SARP) to evaluate the student. The student must successfully complete each outcome listed on the SARP. The instructor will then complete an articulation application and send it in to GRCC's enrollment center on behalf of the student.  The SARP forms are kept on file at the secondary school. Once a student has applied and been accepted at Grand Rapids Community College, and they have met all the criteria for the articulation, the credits are placed on the student’s transcripts as articulated high school credit. There is no charge for these credits. Application for credits must be made within two years of graduation.

Will the Credits Transfer to Another College?

Articulated high school credit is intended to be used toward the attainment of a terminal degree at GRCC.  Articulated high school credit is not intended for transfer.  The student should check with the transferring college to see if the credits are eligible to transfer.

High School Student Information

If you are interested in articulating high school classes to Grand Rapids Community College and would like to know if your school has an articulation agreement, contact your high school counselor or teacher.

High School Teacher/Counselor Information

You may download the articulation application and any of the Student Achievement Recording Process (SARP) forms.