GRCC welcome's students from other Michigan colleges and universities who would like to take classes as a guest student.
Students enrolled at other Michigan or out-of-state colleges and universities are welcome to take classes at GRCC as guest students. Simply ask your college or university to fill out Part II of the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application and proceed with the steps below.
How to take GRCC courses under Guest Student status
- Complete Part I of the Michigan Uniform Undergraduate Guest Application (Please type in the information and print it to be signed).
- Ask the Registrar at their current college or university to complete Part II and submit it to GRCC's Enrollment Center.
Applications are processed in the order in which they are received. Normally this takes up to two business days, although it could take longer during peak times.
- It is the responsibility of the guest student to make sure all prerequisites are met before registration.
- You can view and browse the GRCC Course Catalog online and when you're ready to register you can do so through the Online Center. To find out when you can enroll in classes please refer to the Registration Dates page
- As a guest student, it is required that you reapply with the Guest Application every semester that you want to attend Grand Rapids Community College.
- If you have questions about how a GRCC class will transfer back to your current institution, the College encourages guest students to discuss their course selection with their home school.
- Guest students are responsible for requesting an official transcript be sent to their current school.