Our Dual Enrollment Program offers you the opportunity to:
• Earn both high school and college credit.
• Experience college academic expectations early.
• Meet high school graduation requirements using
• Finish college sooner.
• Create the educational program best for you!
Most public schools pay for their students to attend
GRCC through the Dual Enrollment Program. All credits earned through dual enrollment classes will be part of your official GRCC college transcript.
Please download the dual enrollment brochure in the menu on the right and read the information below for admission criterea, how to apply and information sessions for students and parents.
To qualify you must:
- Be at least 14 years of age and pursuing a high school diploma.
- Be maintaining a high school cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher.
- Have an established a high school transcript, if not your application will be reviewed on a case by case basis. A decision will be made by both your high school counselor and the GRCC Dual Enrollment Coordinator.
- Meet and submit the Michigan Qualifying scores for tests approved by the state (PLAN, PSAT, EXPLORE, MME, SAT, ACT, COMPASS). Required for rising 9th grade and homeschool students.
- Have approval by your high school counselor and/or principal.
- Plan to take classes that are not available through your high school.
How do you apply?
- Meet with your high school counselor and/or principal to discuss the Dual Enrollment process.
- Complete the Dual Enrollment application wich can be found in the menu on the right.
- Obtain the required approval signatures.
- Request a copy of your high school transcript from your high school guidance office.
- Send your dual enrollment application and official High School transcript to the GRCC Admissions Office.
Students are required to attend the Dual Enrollment Orientation program. Details are sent in the admissions letter.
Applications should be received by the following deadlines for better class selection:
Summer and Fall – April 15
Winter – October 15
Information Sessions on dual enrollment:
The dual enrollment information session is an opportunity for students and parents to learn more about the program and application process, prior to submitting an application. They are optional and attendance is not required. There is no RSVP required for the Information Sessions.
- Jan. 21, 2014 at 6 p.m. for Summer 2014 Enrollment
- Feb. 18, 2014 at 6 p.m. for Fall 2014 Enrollment
The January and February sessions will be held in the Wisner-Botrall Applied Technology Center (ATC) auditorium, room 168. The ATC is on the corner of Ransom and Fountain Streets. Parking is available in the student ramp and will be validated at the session. Please pull a ticket when entering the parking ramp.
- Sept. 16, 2014 at 6 p.m. in Sneden Hall 108 for Winter 2015 Enrollment
The September session is located in Sneden Hall, on GRCC's DeVos Campus, in room 108. Parking is available in the student ramp and will be validated at the session. Please enter from Fountain Street (entrance is located across the street from Innovations Central High school). Please pull a ticket when entering the parking ramp.
If you have any further questions or would like additional assistance, please contact the Admissions Office at (616) 234-3567 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.