The ATC Tutorial and Open Computer Lab is located in the
Wisner -Bottrall Applied Technology Center on the campus of Grand Rapids Community College (GRCC). GRCC is an open access college that prepares individuals to attain their goals and contribute to the community. It is the mission of GRCC's Tutoring Labs to empower students to become independent, life-long learners.
Our goals are to:
- Assist students to be successful with their coursework in line with classroom instruction.
- Engage students in their college experience by creating opportunities to interact with peers, faculty and staff based on individuals’ learning goals.
- Assist students to learn and apply the skills to become more independent learners.
The ATC Tutorial and Open Computer Lab and Sneden Lab offers Basics of Blackboard through out the semester. Students are welcome to drop in any time during the open lab hours and ask for assistance in learning how to navigate through their Blackboard and Student Email. The download to the right gives an explanation of the areas we cover in these sessions along with helpful hints when using Blackboard.
The lab is a drop-in center where students can use the lab for performing tasks assigned by their instructors, writing papers, doing homework, email, Blackboard, Online Student Center and research on the Internet. No appointment is necessary. ID is required at check-in. Please click on the links below for additional information or call 616-234-3674 for assistance. You may also contact us at email@example.com for any questions, suggestions or comments.
100 Year Anniversary
In celebration of GRCC’s 100 years, the Academic Support Center and the Academic Testing Center are combining efforts to collect 100 children's books on behalf of Safe Haven Ministries. Safe Haven Ministries offers comprehensive domestic abuse services to women and their children.
During the month of March, new or gently used children’s books, particularly books about feelings, can be dropped off at one of the following locations:
- Academic Support Office, 232 LRC or to any GRCC Tutorial Lab
- Academic Testing Center, 325 SCC
- Student Life
- Enrollment Center
- College Success Center
Safe Have Ministries also provided an updated list of recommended books that we can incorporate in our announcements:
- Today I Feel Silly by Jamie Lee Curtis
- The Way I Feel by Janan Cain
- My Many Colored Days by Dr Seuss
- I'm Gonna Like Me by Jamie Lee Curtis
- Beautiful Ooops by Barney Saltzberg
- Brave Bart by Caroline Sheppard
- Wemberly Worried by Kevin Henkes
- When I Feel Afraid by Albert Whitman
- What if it never stops raining? by Nancy Carlson
- Hands are not for hitting by Martine Agassi
- Jessica and the Wolf by Ted Lobby
- Wings of Change by Franklin Hill
- I was so Mad (Little Critter) by Mercer Mayer
- The Five Love Languages of Teenagers by Gary Chapman
- Hear My Roar: A Story of Family Violence by Gillian Watts
- A Terrible Thing Happened by Margaret Holmes
- Glad Monster, Sad Monster by Ed Emberley and Anne Miranda
Below is an agenda view of our calendar listing the dates and events that the Lab is hosting. For a more detailed list of future events, please click on the agenda link to the right of the calendar further down the page.
2:45 pm to 4:45 pm
|7:00 pm to 9:00 pm||
|1:30 pm to 3:30 pm||ATC 217|
|Adobe||Saturdays||1:00 pm to 3:00||ATC 217|
|CO-003||Wednesdays||2:00 pm to 4:00 pm||ATC 217|
ATC Tutorial and Open Computer Lab
Hours of Operation:
|Monday - Thursday||7:30 am - 10:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 9:00 pm|
|Saturday||7:30 am - 4:45 pm|
|Sunday||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Tutoring Desk: 616-234-3671
Sneden Computer Lab
|Monday - Thursday||7:30 am - 8:00 pm|
|Friday||7:30 am - 12:00 pm|
|Saturday and Sunday||Closed|